Anatomy for Yoga with Paul Grilley DVD
Paul Grilley’s Anatomy for Yoga DVD may change the way you practice or teach yoga. The essential lesson this DVD teaches is that every person has skeletal anatomy unique to themselves. Thismeans that we will not all look the same in our yoga poses. Instead of correcting the body so that it conforms to poses demonstrated in book illustrations, teachers should allow the body to form in a way that makes sense for the individual student.
Paul Grilley’s DVD Anatomy for Yoga explains his perspective in detail. He presents a variety of yoga practitioners to show how their bodies naturally go into poses differently due to the structure of their anatomy. Instead of assuming a student in class is not able to rotate their arm completely due to inappropriate technique, he shows that that their shoulder may be structured in a way that inhibits rotation. Learn more about this essential philosophy with Anatomy for Yoga.
Highlights from this DVD include:
• Nearly 4 hours of presentations, comparisons and special features
• Interactive Skeleton feature as an anatomy study aid
• Bonus lecture: differences among real human femur bones
• Q&A: real yoga teachers ask Paul common questions about anatomy and yoga
Anatomy for Yoga workshop includes:
• Tension vs. Compression
• The Eight Major Joints of the Body: an overview using comparative anatomy
• The Shoulder vs. the Spine
• The Femur and the Pelvis
• The Importance of Skeletal Proportion
• Orientation to Gravity