Insight Yoga Earth DVD: balancing yin energy with Sarah Powers
Insight yoga recognizes that our health and vitality depends on a free flow of energy in both our lower body, the earthly 'yin' region, and our upper body, the heavenly 'yang' region. The practices on this DVD cultivate a balance of these two vital forces by enhancing the Earthly grounding aspects of our nature, using a combination of yoga movement, held postures and skillfully guided meditations. The emphasis in the Insight Yoga Earth DVD is on enhancing the vitality in the Hara while encouraging strength and stability in our legs and abdomen the earth areas of the body.
Suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners. The DVD also includes bonus audio MP3s of all practices. Equipment needed: yoga mat.
DVD highlights include:
- Practice Overview: A short presentation on the principles of Insight Yoga with further details about each practice on this DVD.
- Practice 1: Grounding Down: A series of standing and balancing poses that encourage lower-body groundedness, followed by fluid movements to decongest stagnancy in the back and shoulders to help maintain a healthy spine (55 min).
- Practice 2: Spiraling Chi: Seated twists and core strengtheners that increase circulation along the spine and abdomen (31 min).
- Shamata Meditation: A breath-focused meditation to develop a relaxed and stable quality of non-distracted attention that cultivates ease of being (20 min).
- Vipassana Meditation: A mindfulness practice to disengage from the habits of mental reactivity and develops an alert, inquisitive attitude leading to insight (18 min).
- English Subtitles and Audio MP3s of all practices
These sessions can be practiced daily, either individually or together for more depth.