Insight Yoga: Heaven DVD: balancing yang energy with Sarah Powers
Insight Yoga recognizes that our health and vitality depends on a free flow of energy in both our lower body, the earthly 'yin' region, and our upper body, the heavenly 'yang' region. The practices on this DVD cultivate a balance of these two vital forces by enhancing the Heavenly energy within our body using a combination of yoga movement, held postures and skillfully guided meditations. Suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners. The DVD also includes bonus audio MP3s of all practices. Equipment needed: yoga mat.
DVD highlights include:
- Practice Overview: A short presentation on the principles of Insight Yoga with further details about each practice on this DVD.
- Practice 1: Strengthening Lung Chi: A series of upper body poses, inversions and yin backbends, with breath exercises and visualizations to strengthen the lungs and increase overall circulation and vitality in the body (65 min).
- Practice 2: Ground Support: Breathing into the Hara: A series of yin and yang postures practiced on our backs, nourishing the spine, hips and abdomen (45 min).
- Karuna Meditation: A guided compassion meditation in which we use our mental and emotional obstacles as opportunities for developing kindness and sensitivity toward our vulnerabilities as well as an empathic connection with others (20 min).
- English Subtitles and Audio MP3s of all practices