A collection of seven recent papers by either Sangharakshita or Subhuti, or both working together. In Subhuti’s words, each attempts to follow through the implications of Sangharakshita's statement, in the first paper, What is the Western Buddhist Order?, that the Triratna Buddhist Order is the community of his disciples and disciples of his disciples, practising according to his 'particular presentation of the Dharma'.
The papers included are -
* What is the Western Buddhist Order?
* Revering and Relying upon the Dharma
* Re-Imagining The Buddha (and Buddhophany)
* Initiation into a New Life: the Ordination Ceremony in Sangharakshita's System of Spiritual Practice
* 'A supra-personal force or energy working through me': The Triratna Buddhist Community and the Stream of the Dharma
* The Dharma Revolution and the New Society
* A Buddhist Manifesto: the Principles of the Triratna Buddhist