You are here
Home » Our security policy
Privacy and Security
- Windhorse Books respects your privacy. Anyone registering or purchasing from us can expect their privacy to be maintained. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. No private information will be shared with any other institution, without your advance permission, unless ordered by a court of law. Windhorse Books uses SSL Certificates to offer secure communication by encrypting all data to and from the site.
- Windhorse Books collects only relevant personal information to enable us to process your order, and to communicate with you. We will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Windhorse Books may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs. Windhorse Books may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail. We also from time-to-time, offer special promotions only to those who have subscribed to our newsletter or purchased through our site. If you do not wish to partake in these, simply follow the instructions at the bottom of the email.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Windhorse Books , www.windhorse.com.au, its customers or third parties.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Windhorse Books is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If you are logging into a shared computer, please remember to log out of your account, and close the browser, ensure protection of your account and personal information.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your personal details are incorrect or need updating, please contact us.
- Credit card transactions will be processed securely and no card details will be stored.